eGroup: Enterprise Risk Management

Excellence in Risk Management VI Report (2009) 

07-10-2009 09:23 AM

The report is based on a survey of 450 risk practitioners, conducted earlier this year during a time of ongoing uncertainty regarding the strength and pace of economic recovery and financial system reform. Facing extraordinary challenges, organizations across all industry sectors are finding new ways to assess and manage risk in support of strategic and operational objectives. Among other important findings, the report concludes that 67% of businesses want to adopt new approaches to risk management, although fewer now plan to implement a full Enterprise-wide Risk Management program, because of initiative difficulty and cost. This survey yields critical insights on the impact of the economic downturn on risk management programs finding many surveyed companies were directly affected by the recession and more than 4 in 10 firms are aiming to use risk management capital more efficiently.

#Survey #Report #RiskExcellence #Article #EnterpriseRiskManagement #survey

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
966 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
Excellence in Risk Management VI Report.pdf   2.65 MB   1 version
Uploaded - 07-10-2009

Comments

12-23-2009 04:26 PM

Hi there,
Great job with the report, some very helpful and useful stories to tell with your findings indeed.
I just thought I'd check to see if there was a mistake in the report or whether there were two different meanings on a particular chart in the report: On page 9 (barriers to changing the risk management approach), the chart has "Senior management concerns that enterprise risk management processes are too difficult and/or costly" twice in the same chart with different values (55% & 17%).
Please, I do want to ensure that I'm reading this correctly - it would be great to hear your thoughts.
Once again, great report (still reading).
Matt

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.