RIMS 12th Annual Community Service Project will give the more than 10,000 risk professionals expected to attend RIMS 2018 Annual Conference & Exhibition the opportunity to support local charity, Soldiers’ Angels. Sponsored by ESIS, a Chubb business unit, the project will include crafting blankets, assembling care packages, meal preparation and a letter writing campaign for military personnel overseas, those in medical facilities, their families, as well as homeless veterans.
Founded in 2003 by the mother of two American soldiers, Soldiers’ Angels provides aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, their families and a growing veteran population. Since its inception, the charity has provided over $100 million in support. Annually, Soldiers’ Angels delivers over 150,000 volunteer hours to this in-need community each year.
“The strength of a community is defined by our willingness to share, empathize and support each other,” said RIMS CEO Mary Roth. “It is without question that the men and women who serve in our armed forces are an important part of our communities. We honor their service and proudly welcome the opportunity to give back through this Community Service Project to Soldiers’ Angels.”
“We are honored to partner with RIMS and be a part of their annual Community Service Project,” said Amy Palmer, President and CEO of Soldiers’ Angels. “It’s easy to take for granted just how much our military service members, veterans, and military families sacrifice or have sacrificed in order to serve and protect our country. They spend months away from their families, miss holidays and birthdays, and some even give the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect our freedoms. That is why we at Soldiers’ Angels believe it is so important to provide support to these brave men and women- a small, but much-deserved ‘thank you’ for all that they do for us.”
To be held in the main lobby of the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, this year’s Community Service Project includes the following volunteer opportunities:
· No-Sew Blankets – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: Risk professionals can stop by the Soldiers’ Angels center to help craft blankets. These comfortable gifts will be sent to military personnel overseas and those in medical facilities.
· Letter Writing Campaign – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: Risk professionals are encouraged to share their well-wishes with military personnel overseas, those in medical facilities and their families.
· Care Packages – Monday – Risk professionals can help pack care packages filled with ready-to-eat food, activities, games and other items to be sent to military personnel overseas.
· Box Lunches – Tuesday – To feed homeless veterans and military personnel in medical facilities, risk professionals can fill boxed lunches with a variety of non-perishable foods.
· Hygiene Kits – Wednesday – Risk professionals can help assemble kits filled with travel-sized toiletries. The kits will be delivered to military personnel in medical facilities, as well as to homeless veterans.
“ESIS is committed to giving back to communities in a meaningful way,” said Joe Vasquez, President of ESIS, a business unit of Chubb. “Soldier’s Angels is such an important organization, and we are honored to partner with RIMS in supporting their efforts to provide for the men, women, as well as their families who have made tremendous sacrifices for our freedom.”
In 2007, RIMS was one of the first entities to host a large convention in post-Katrina New Orleans. RIMS first Community Service Day was held at that conference to support local families and rebuild infrastructure devastated by the natural disaster. Now, in its 12th year, RIMS Community Service Day projects have become a RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition tradition.
About Soldiers’ Angels
Soldiers' Angels is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, their families, and the growing veteran population. Founded in 2003 by the mother of two American soldiers, hundreds of thousands of Soldiers' Angels "Angel" volunteers assist veterans, wounded and deployed personnel and their families in a variety of unique and effective ways. (Tax ID# 20-0583415). Learn more at www.soldiersangels.org.