Enterprise Risk Management

• 1.  New Cyber Risk Community / eGroup

Posted 10-18-2009 10:04 AM
    This message has been cross posted to the following eGroups: Enterprise Risk Management and Cyber Risk .
    -------------------------------------------

All,

We have set up a new member-created Community (and eGroup) for Cyber Risk. I want this to include Cyber Liability as well but had to choose between the two names.

For the new members of our Cyber Risk eGroup, I'd like to wait through this coming week to see who else joins.

For the ERM eGroup, please consider joining us. We will be discussing issues and sharing advice about the risks attendant from using information and telecommunications technology within the corporation as well as across the value chains of the corporation.

That encompasses, at a minimum: 
    • Data flows between employees (that includes articles a publishing company distributes to its markets where-ever they are in the world)
    • Data flows from customers, prospects, producers, suppliers and regulators and others to and from our corporations
    • Data being stolen or damaged in unauthorized ways
    • Use of corporate computers being hijacked for illegal purposes 
    There are a host of other issues we will discuss.

I'm looking to our eGroup to determine the issues important to them, prioritize the issues and then we can move forward identifying potential or actual cyber risk events, (re)insurers, brokers, law firms and other participants who provide coverages and other products in this area, and as importantly, advice and suggestions from eGroup members to resolve the challenges.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I'm looking forward to working with eGroup members on this very important matter.

Barry

Barry Rabkin
    President
    Market Insight Group, Ltd.
    Hopkinton, Mass
    USA
    barryrabkin@comcast.net

• 2.  RE:New Cyber Risk Community / eGroup

Posted 10-19-2009 01:23 PM
    I went to the RIMS eGroup subscription page on RIMS.org, and the Cyber Risk group is not available to subscribe.  I'm in if you can sign me up.

Brian Warren
    Director
    Microsoft Corporation
    Redmond WA
    United States
    brianwar@microsoft.com