FAQ

2007 Western Regional Conference FAQ's

What are the dates of the 2007 Western Regional Conference?  Where will the Conference be held?

October 2 - 5, 2007
          Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
          1763 Comox Street
          Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6G 1P6

When is the early bird cut-off date?

The early bird registration cut-off date has been extended to Friday, August 24.

How can I pre-register for the Western Regional?

RIMS has made it very easy for you to register directly from your computer by going online to the RIMS Web site at wrc.RIMS.org

What does my full Member Conference registration pass include?

• RIMS Reception Tuesday Evening
  • Breakfast Wednesday through Friday

• Lunch Wednesday and Thursday

• Sessions Wednesday through Friday

• Thursday Dinner Boat Cruise around Vancouver

• Friday Golden Gate Chapter Promotion for the Western Regional Conference 2008

What does my full Associate of the Society Conference registration pass include?

o        RIMS Reception Tuesday Evening

o        Breakfast Wednesday through Friday

o        Lunch Wednesday and Thursday

o        Sessions Wednesday and Thursday

o        Thursday Dinner Boat Cruise around Vancouver

o        Friday Golden Gate Chapter Promotion for the Western Regional Conference 2008

What does my full Non-Member Conference registration pass include?

o        RIMS Reception Tuesday Evening

o        Breakfast Wednesday through Friday

o        Lunch Wednesday and Thursday

o        Sessions Wednesday and Thursday

o        Thursday Dinner Boat Cruise around Vancouver

o        Friday Golden Gate Chapter Promotion for the Western Regional Conference 2008

What Does My One Day Registration Include?

• RIMS Reception Tuesday Evening

• Breakfast for the day registered

• Lunch for the day registered

• Sessions for the day registered

• If registered for Thursday Only, Dinner Boat Cruise around Vancouver

Do I have to pre-register for sessions?

Due to meeting room space restrictions, RIMS requests you register in advance for sessions, lunches and events you wish to attend. This will allow RIMS to assign each session to a room of the appropriate size for that group.

Note: Only Full Conference Registrations or a Thursday One Day Pass will have admittance to Dinner Boat Cruise around Vancouver.

How can I pay for my registration?

RIMS accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. Checks and Bank Transfers are only accepted on pre-registration. If you are paying by check, the check must be payable to the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. in U.S. dollars drawn from a U.S. Bank. Bank Transfers are payable only in U.S. dollars drawn from a U.S. bank. Transferred funds must be sent to: Commerce Bank, 469 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10018, Account name: RIMS Operating Account, Account number: 7920319089, ABA number: 026013673. Registrant is responsible for all bank charges, including a $30 RIMS processing fee, which must be added to the total amount transferred. The bank order must include the registrant name(s) and company. Please enclose a copy of your bank order with your registration materials. RIMS Federal Tax ID # 13-1860397.

If I miss pre-registration am I too late to register?

No, It’s not too late. You can register onsite at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites beginning on Tuesday, October 2, 2007, from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM.

What if I choose to pay by check and I miss the cut-off date to pay the early bird rate?

Registration payments not received by the respective cut-off dates will be contacted for the additional registration fee.

How can I follow-up if my check has been received?

You will automatically receive an e-mail from the RIMS.org website as soon as your check is processed by RIMS. As long as it was mailed on or prior to the early bird cut-off date, you will receive the discounted rate. If you are concerned you have not received the e-mail, you can click on the online store link on the RIMS.org Web site, view your order history and it will show you if your order is marked as paid. If it has, then RIMS has received your payment and processed the order.

How can I change badge or session information for a registered attendee?

The only person who can change a registered attendee session or badge information is the actual registrant. They need to login with their email address and password and then click on MyRIMSMyConferencesEdit Registration. From this page, you’ll be able to edit your badge information as well as select session changes.

What is the Cancellation policy? Is there a Cancellation cut-off date? Is there a fee to Cancel?

Requests for refunds/cancellations, or downgrades must be made by Friday, September 14, 2007 and submitted to the web address below. All requests will be subject to a $75 administrative fee:

www.RIMS.org/ConferenceChanges

Cancellations received after Friday, September 14, 2007 will not receive a refund, credit or price adjustment. Requests for refunds made by Friday, September 14, 2007 will be issued 60 days following the Conference.

What is the Substitution policy? Is there a Substitution cut-off date? Is there a fee to substitute?

Requests to substitute or transfer your registration by Friday, September 14, 2007, must be made through the following Web site:

www.RIMS.org/ConferenceChanges

Requests to substitute or transfer your registration after Friday, September 14, 2007 must be made in writing on corporate stationary and be presented at the on-site attendee help desk.

All substitutions are subject to a $75 administrative fee, plus any additional fees due to differences in the member type, e.g., transferring a member registration to a non-member registration.

What are the On-Site Registration Hours?

• Tuesday, October 2, 2007 – 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
  • Wednesday, October 3, 2007 – 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM

• Thursday, October 4, 2007 – 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM

• Friday, October 5, 2007 - No Registration

How will I get my badge? Will it be mailed to me?

No, your badge will not be mailed to you. You must attend onsite at the Coast Plaza Hotel during registration hours. You will need to have a photo ID with you to pick up your badge.

If I have any problems with online registration or need to find out what registration category I need to check, who can I contact?

You can send an email to ConfAdmin@RIMS.org or Contact Donna Pilato at 212-655-6035, email dpilato@RIMS.org or JoAnn LoRe at 212-655-6038, email jlore@RIMS.org

If I have any hotel changes I need to make, who should I call?

Call the Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, hotel reservations directly at 604-688-7711

Will there be speaker handouts on the RIMS Web site?

Registrants will receive a CD with copies of the presentations.

Who can I contact to get information on Sponsorships for the RIMS Western Regional Conference?

If you would like to sponsor an event or have any questions regarding sponsorship opportunities at the RIMS 2007 Western Regional Conference, please contact Chris Hext, Washington Marine Group, chext@seaspan.com or Gord Wainwright, CHC Helicopter Corporation, gwainwright@chc.ca.

Are there Exhibitors?

No.  The Western Regional Conference does have sponsors for certain events who are appropriately recognized for their support.

Are the names of the attendees released or sold upon request?

No

What is the weather like in October?

Average temperatures in Vancouver in October in Fahrenheit range between highs of 56 degrees and lows of 42 degrees.  Being on the coast, it may rain however on average October is one of the drier months of the fall.

What is the Regional Conference Dress Code?

Attire at the conference is business casual.  Meeting room temperatures do vary.  The hotel will do their best to make the meeting rooms as comfortable as possible, but please be sure to bring along a sweater just in case.  A dinner cruise on the Burrard Queen is scheduled for the Thursday evening meal.  Temperatures on the water are definately cooler in the evenings and a jacket is recommended.

Who will be there?

Risk Managers, Insurance Professionals, CEO’s Treasurers, Brokers, Insurers