FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

2008 Western Regional Conference FAQ's

What are the dates of the 2008 Western Regional Conference? Where will the Conference be held?

September 2 - 5, 2008

Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf Hotel
555 North Point Street
San Francisco, California 94133
Telephone: 402-592-6464

Can I register online for my hotel reservation at the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf Hotel?
Yes, you can register online by clicking on the hotel link below.

Register Now for Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf

Are there any Additional Suggested Hotels to contact?
Yes. There are 4 additional Hotels. They are:

1. Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf - Register for the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf

2. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Register for the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

3. Best Western Tuscan Inn Fisherman's Wharf - Register for the Best Western Tuscan Inn Fisherman's Wharf

4. Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf - Register for the Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

When is the early bird cut-off date?

The early bird registration cut-off date is Friday, July 25, 2008.

When is the final cut-off date?

The final cut-off date is Friday, August 15, 2008. After August 15, 2008, you may register on site.

How can I pre-register for the Western Regional?

RIMS has made it very easy for you to register directly from your computer by going online to the RIMS Web site at http://wrc.rims.org

What are the Pre-conference Workshops all about? Are they included in the full conference registration?

The conference officially begins Tuesday evening at the opening reception. But we have added optional Pre-conference Workshops focused on workers’ compensation on Tuesday from 1-5pm. There is an additional fee of $115 to attend these Pre-conference workshops, and you can register for these at http://wrc.rims.org. The sessions are called Dispelling Four Workers' Compensation Experience Rating Myths (1-2:45 pm) and Workers Comp Risk Financing Options (3-5pm)

What does my full Member Conference registration pass include?

• RIMS Reception Tuesday Evening
  • Lunch Wednesday and Thursday
  • Sessions Wednesday through Friday
  • Thursday Evening Dinner Gala at McCormick & Kuleto’s Restaurant

What does my full Associate of the Society Conference registration pass include?

What does my full Non-Member Conference registration pass include?

What Does My One Day Registration Include?

• Lunch for the day registered
  • Sessions for the day registered

What does My One Day Thursday with Gala registration include?

• Lunch on Thursday
  • Sessions on Thursday

Do I have to pre-register for sessions?

Due to meeting room space restrictions, RIMS requests you register in advance for sessions, lunches and events you wish to attend. This will allow RIMS to assign each session to a room of the appropriate size for that group.

Note: Only Full Conference Registrations, Guest Registrations, or a Thursday One Day Pass with Gala will have admittance to the Dinner Gala at McCormick & Kuleto’s Restaurant.

How can I pay for my registration?

RIMS accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. Checks and Bank Transfers are only accepted on pre-registration. If you are paying by check, the check must be payable to the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. in U.S. dollars drawn from a U.S. Bank. Bank Transfers are payable only in U.S. dollars drawn from a U.S. bank. Transferred funds must be sent to: Commerce Bank, 469 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10018, Account name: RIMS Operating Account, Account number: 7920319089, ABA number: 026013673. Registrant is responsible for all bank charges, including a $30 RIMS processing fee, which must be added to the total amount transferred. The bank order must include the registrant name(s) and company. Please enclose a copy of your bank order with your registration materials. RIMS Federal Tax ID # 13-1860397.

If I miss pre-registration am I too late to register?

No, it’s not too late. You can register onsite at the Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf Hotel beginning on Tuesday, September 2, 2008, from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.

What if I choose to pay by check and I miss the cut-off date to pay the early bird rate?

Registration payments not received by the respective cut-off dates will be contacted for the additional registration fee.

How can I follow-up if my check has been received?

You will automatically receive an e-mail from the RIMS.org website as soon as your check is processed by RIMS. As long as it was mailed on or prior to the early bird cut-off date, you will receive the discounted rate. If you are concerned you have not received the e-mail, you can click on the online store link on the RIMS.org Web site, view your order history and it will show you if your order is marked as paid. If it has, then RIMS has received your payment and processed the order.

How can I change badge or session information for a registered attendee?

The only person who can change a registered attendee session or badge information is the actual registrant. They need to login with their email address and password and then click on MyRIMS, next click on MyConferences, then select Edit Registration. From this page, you’ll be able to edit your badge information as well as select session changes.

What is the Cancellation policy? Is there a Cancellation cut-off date? Is there a fee to Cancel?

Requests for refunds/cancellations, or downgrades must be made by Friday, August 15, 2008 and submitted to the web address below. All requests will be subject to a $75 administrative fee:

www.RIMS.org/ConferenceChanges

Cancellations received after Friday, August 15, 2008 will not receive a refund, credit or price adjustment. Requests for refunds made by Friday, August 15, 2008 will be issued 60 days following the Conference.

What is the Substitution policy? Is there a Substitution cut-off date? Is there a fee to substitute?

Requests to substitute or transfer your registration by Friday, August 15, 2008, must be made through the following Web site:

www.RIMS.org/ConferenceChanges

Requests to substitute or transfer your registration after Friday, August 15, 2008 must be made in writing on corporate stationary and be presented at the on-site attendee help desk.

All substitutions are subject to a $75 administrative fee, plus any additional fees due to differences in the member type, e.g., transferring a member registration to a non-member registration.

What are the On-Site Registration Hours?

• Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
  • Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM
  • Thursday, September 4, 2008, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
  • Friday, September 5, 2008, No Registration

How will I get my badge? Will it be mailed to me?

No, your badge will not be mailed to you. You must attend onsite at the Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf Hotel during registration hours. You will need to have a photo ID with you to pick up your badge.

If I have any problems with online registration or need to find out what registration category I need to check, who can I contact?

You can send an email to ConfAdmin@RIMS.org or Contact Donna Pilato at 212-655-6035, email dpilato@RIMS.org or JoAnn LoRe at 212-655-6038, email jlore@RIMS.org

If I have any hotel changes I need to make, who should I call?

Call the Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf Hotel reservations directly at 402-592-6464

Will there be speaker handouts on the RIMS Web site?

Handouts will be posted on the website shortly after the conference.

Who can I contact to get information on Sponsorships for the RIMS Western Regional Conference?

Please contact Greg Thaler, Conference Coordinator at 415.267.0325 or gthaler@lecg.com

Are there Exhibitors?

No.

Is Soliciting Permitted?

No. It is our intention to provide participants with quality networking experiences during the Western Regional Conference. In consideration of all in attendance, we ask that service providers refrain from soliciting business during the events and educational sessions.

Are the names of the attendees released or sold upon request?

The attendees will receive a list of attendees at the conference. We are not planning to distribute the list elsewhere or sell it.

What is the weather like in October?

San Francisco is blessed with a temperate marine climate and enjoys mild weather year-round. Temperatures seldom rise above 70°F (21°C) or fall below 40°F (5°C). Morning and evening fogs roll in during the summer months, but rarely persist. Visitors are most comfortable with a light jacket or coat handy, or in a suit. An all-weather coat will take the chill off cool evenings. Lightweight summer clothes are seldom practical in San Francisco.

What is the Regional Conference Dress Code?

The dress code is business casual to casual for the sessions.

Who will be there?

Risk Managers, Brokers, Insurers, Insurance Industry Professionals, Treasurers, and others interested in learning and networking with top risk management professionals.

If I have additional questions about the conference, who should I contact?

Please contact Greg Thaler, Conference Coordinator at 415.267.0325 or gthaler@lecg.com