RIMS QUÉBEC CHAPTER SEES SIGNIFICANT MEMBERSHIP INCREASE
Increased Demand for Advanced Risk Management Capabilities Drives Practitioners to RIMS
NEW YORK (March 1st, 2016) — Just as organizations continue to lean on their risk management departments to achieve strategic objectives, risk professionals around the world continue to lean on RIMS for resources and networking opportunities to deliver value to their organizations. As a result of this trend, RIMS Québec Chapter experienced a 14 percent increase in membership in 2015.
“While the ability to connect with the world’s risk management community remains a top member benefit, the opportunities RIMS provides for members to interact and share ideas with their local peers has proven to be just as valuable,” said RIMS Chief Executive Officer Mary Roth. “It’s always rewarding to see that the Society’s resources continue to inspire. Congratulations to RIMS Québec Chapter for successfully delivering exceptional value to your local risk professional community.”
The Québec Chapter, based in Montréal, will be recognized with the Society’s Membership Growth SuperStar Award at RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition in San Diego in April.
Other recipients of RIMS Membership SuperStar Award – an award that honors chapters that experienced membership growth of at least nine percent – include:
- RIMS Alaska Chapter (Anchorage, AK)
- RIMS Australasia Chapter (Melbourne, AUS)
- RIMS Broward County Chapter (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- RIMS Japan Chapter (Tokyo, JPN)
- RIMS Long Island Chapter (Nassau County, NY)
- RIMS Mexico Chapter (Monterey, MEX)
- RIMS Newfoundland & Labrador Chapter (St. John’s, NL)
- RIMS Piedmont Chapter (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
- RIMS Silicon Valley Chapter (Silicon Valley, CA)
- RIMS South Louisiana Chapter (New Orleans, LA)
- RIMS Utah Chapter (Salt Lake City, UT)
- RIMS Virginia Chapter (Williamsburg, VA)
RIMS Star Award recognizes chapters with growth of at least six percent but less than nine percent. Chapters honored with this award included:
- RIMS Arizona Central Chapter (Phoenix, AZ)
- RIMS Canadian Capital Chapter (Ottawa, ON)
- RIMS Central Florida Chapter (Orlando, FL)
- RIMS Greater Miami Chapter (Miami, FL)
- RIMS Northern Alberta Chapter (Edmonton, AB)
- RIMS Pittsburgh Chapter (Pittsburgh, PA)
- RIMS Toledo Chapter (Toledo, OH)
RIMS membership awards were initiated in 2008 to acknowledge the valuable work of the Society’s chapters and the important role they play in keeping membership vibrant and engaged. For more information about RIMS chapters, visit www.RIMS.org/ChapterDirectory.
As the preeminent organization dedicated to advancing the practice of risk management, RIMS, the Risk Management Society, is a global not-for-profit organization representing more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and government entities throughout the world. Founded in 1950, RIMS brings networking, professional development and education opportunities to its membership of approximately 11,000 risk management professionals who are located in more than 60 countries. For more information on RIMS, visit www.RIMS.org.