LiveSafe Inc.
Arlington, VA

Ribbons

Badges

Mr. Daniel Verton

Content Leader & Strategist, Homeland Security Subject Matter Expert,
LiveSafe Inc.

Bio

I am a veteran journalist and winner of the First Place Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Award for Best News Reporting -- the highest award in the nation for business/trade journalism.

Drawing on my background as a former intelligence officer in the United States Marine Corps, I have more than a decade of experience writing, producing and filming major anti-terrorism awareness training programs for government and law enforcement clients. I most recently served as the intelligence advisor to the Transportation Security Administration's nationwide First Observer Plus training program, and have produced both public security announcements and sensitive special operations training programs for the AMTRAK Police Department.

As a recognized authority on homeland security and cybersecurity policy, I've appeared dozens of times on national and international television and radio news broadcasts, including CNN and BBC World News, and have made several appearances in Discovery Channel and History Channel documentaries focused on national security and cybersecurity. I was also fortunate to be featured in the documentary Attack of the Hackers as part of the 25th Anniversary DVD Edition of the classic movie War Games, starring Matthew Broderick.

Over the course of a 20+ year career, I have spoken twice at the United Nations, testified on critical infrastructure protection before both House and Senate Committees, and have provided keynote presentations to dozens of colleges, universities, companies and government agencies.

In addition to earning a Master's Degree in Journalism and Public Affairs from American University in Washington, D.C., I've been a staff writer and editor for some of the most prestigious trade publications in the technology market, including Computerworld Magazine. I've authored four books, including The Hacker Diaries (2002) and Black Ice: The Invisible Threat of Cyber-Terrorism (2003), both published by McGraw-Hill.

Education

American University School of Communication
Washington, District Of Columbia, United States
Masters Degree, 1999
Journalism and Public Affairs
1997 To 1999