Joseph W. Mayo is an Information Technology professional with over 28 years of experience. Mr. Mayo holds a B.S. in Information Technology and M.A. degree in Information Systems. Mr. Mayo is a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Risk Management Professional (RMP), and holds Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credential from the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). He is an active industry volunteer who regularly participates in industry working groups and strives to enhance global risk management and project management practices. He is an author, speaker and conference presenter on topics that include risk management, project management, and quality assurance. Career highlights include:
- Program Manager for project #7 of the top 100 IT Projects of 2006 by InfoWorld.
- Developed a risk management maturity roadmap for a U.S. Government Agency and was instrumental in the development and implementation of the Enterprise risk policy.
- Developed a risk management maturity roadmap for a U.S. Government Agency.
- Developed an IV&V Program that was recognized by the Government Accounting Office (GAO) as a model for large complex Government programs.
- Completed an end-to-end assessment of an Enterprise application within 45 days. The assessment team evaluated more than 1,900 artifacts, identified 27 project risk areas, and 13 categories of improvement opportunities with a total of 1,463 unique findings.
Publications & Conferences
Author Chaos to Clarity: The Tao of Risk Management
Author Risk Management for IT Projects (http://goo.gl/D7NNsu)
Speaker 2017 Governance, Risk, & Controls Conference - How Risk Culture Affects Compliance and Internal Controls
Speaker ISACA Ireland 2016 - Organizational Culture and Risk Hurricanes
Speaker EuroCACS 2016 Conference - How Culture Affects ERM?
Speaker ISACA Ireland 2015, Is Protecting the Balance Sheet Enough?
Speaker RIMS 2015, Quantify Risk Tolerance to Guide Risk Policy
Speaker 10th Annual QAI Conference, Effective Techniques in Risk Management
Speaker 9th Annual QAI Conference, Effective Program & Risk Management Dashboards