Topic: Blockchain for the Risk Management Professional
8:30 am to 9:30 am – Registration, Breakfast and Networking
9:30 pm to 11:00 am – Program
Blockchain is probably best known as the technology originally devised for the digital currency Bitcoin. However, the underlying technology has enormous potential as Blockchain is essentially a central ledger or distributed database that is owned by everyone and yet owned by no-one.
We will discuss “Blockchain for the Risk Management Professional.” The panel will discuss why blockchain is so much more than Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. You will gain an understanding of how this technology will disrupt your business.
- What is Blockchain? How can you use it and what, if any, are the benefits for your business?
- Defining what a “smart contract” is and an exploration on its potential uses
- Gain knowledge of Blockchain’s relationship to other emerging technologies such as A.I.
James C. Knox, Esq - Managing Director, Regional Technology Practice Leader, Aon
- Dhawal Sharma - General Counsel, Tagomi
- Christopher Wittenborn - Chief Executive Officer, Broker Dealer Arm, Velocity Markets
- Brett Yeager - Supervisory Special Agent, FBI, Cyber Task Force
RIMS program organizers: John Neglia, J&J, Vitaliy Mikhats, Verizon, Krzysztof Wrzos, Comcast
The Grain House Restaurant
225 U.S. Route 202
Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920
Fee: No charge for Members
CE Credits: Not offered