Career Opportunities: Manager, Risk & Insurance
The Hershey Company
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Link for Applying for the position: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=61466&company=Hersheys&username
The Manger, Risk & Insurance is responsible for management of the Company’s worldwide risks including Property, Casualty, and Executive Risk insurance programs. The position analyzes, recommends, and implements effective and efficient risk treatment strategies that support the Company’s objectives, minimize risk to the Company’s assets (including people), and preserve earnings and brand equity. The position negotiates contracts and oversees the performance of a diverse network of service providers, including insurance brokers, insurance companies, and other external service providers, within the Company’s counterparty risk guidelines. This role routinely collaborates cross functionally with all business units to continuously identify and treat emerging risks. The position develops, allocates, and manages the annual insurance budget and financial reporting. The position demonstrates passion, exceptional service standards, and a focus on continuous improvement.
Placement and management of global insurance programs
Manage global Property, Casualty, and Executive Risk insurance policies and programs. This includes:
- Identify hazard and operational risks in order to analyze, prioritize, and recommend appropriate risk management strategies to Senior Management.
- Develop insurance coverage specifications, execute request for proposals, complete underwriting applications, and incorporate business changes to represent the Company’s exposures.
- Negotiate with insurance providers and perform in-depth insurance policy form reviews and audits.
- Maintain statutory compliance globally
- Streamline and educate internal stakeholders of the risk management and insurance program and claim reporting requirements.
- Support other department members with management and negotiation related to complex claims.
- Maintain continuing awareness of emerging trends in the insurance and financial industries in order to recommend strategies that may mitigate negative or exploit positive trends.
Service Providers and Customer Management
Risk Management Leadership Activities
Establish, monitor, and strengthen partnerships with the cross functional stakeholders (North America, Marketing, Finance, Global Supply Chain, Research & Development, International, Legal, Human Resources, etc.) in order to strengthen the Company’s Risk Management Program. This includes:
- Gain an ever increasing knowledge of the Company’s operations and the risks to which it is exposed.
- Identify innovative strategies to treat these risks and provide recommendations to business-level risk owners.
- Support the implementation of loss prevention or reduction efforts and educate internal stakeholders to reduce overall risk profile of Company.
- Utilize financial modeling and risk management information system applications to identify strategies to control and reduce costs. Utilize claim information stored in the Risk Management Information System to maintain a high level of visibility and emphasis on the area of Safety and Accident Prevention Programs needed to control and reduce workplace injuries.
- Support due diligence and integration activities associated with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Financial modeling to forecast claims, premium trends, and preparation of required financial reporting and reconciliations.
- Establish annual insurance budget and allocation methodology to the appropriate operating unit based on payroll, sales, loss experience, etc.
- Solicit yearly updates to the Company’s property statement of values and business income worksheets.
- Maintain insurance schedules / resumes, claim reporting protocols, and international policy digests
- Perform yearly Sarbanes Oxley testing
- Manage records retention for department
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Detailed knowledge of risk management best practices and design of risk financing programs.
- Legal principles pertaining to liability, negligence, contract structure / content, and how insurance programs can be constructed to respond.
- Knowledge of risk management information system applications that provide means to measure and evaluate total cost of risk, corporate dynamics, and key risk exposures.
- Strong organization skills (ability to manage multiple high-volume projects simultaneously within tight time deadlines).
- Self starter capable of taking initiative without prompting.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and SAP.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to analyze a constant flow of information and develop effective strategies to meet deliverable timeframes.
- Ability to summarize, simplify, and communicate a myriad of factors.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups.
- Ability and presence to represent Hershey in a highly professional manner.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.). Master’s Degree preferred and CPCU or ARM designation.
Experience: 5-10 years of experience in the Risk & Insurance field.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans