Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of Workers’ Compensation (WC), Property, and Liability claims for Petco. The primary responsibility is to assist the Workers’ Compensation Claims Analyst, Property/Liability Claims Analyst, and the Manager, Claims Management in managing claims to their successful conclusion. This includes ensuring that incidents are timely reported to the third party claims administrator (TPA), assisting with the collection of information for claim investigations, and documenting activities in the RMIS system.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Conduct daily reviews of new incident reports, ensuring that appropriate incidents are recognized and submitted as claims to the TPA or carrier accurately and promptly. As needed, contact the Petco operations partners to collect additional information.
- For each new incident, ensure that cause-coding accurately reflects the nature of the event for loss trending and safety/loss control purposes.
- Monitor the Risk inbox periodically throughout the day, independently addressing requests and assigning out tasks as appropriate.
- Review requests for information from adjusters and defense counsel, determine how to best respond, and then collect that information for timely submission to the requesting parties.
- For Liability claims, review store surveillance video to collect video related to customer or pet incidents. Save the required video for use by adjusters and/or defense counsel.
- For Property claims, assist the Property/Liability Analyst collect information needed to evaluate and settle property damage claims. Assist with the collection of reimbursement from the responsible parties.
- For WC claims: respond to adjuster requests for wage statements, direct medical documentation to TPA, assist the Return-to-Work Specialist and Workers’ Compensation Claims Analyst with monitoring lost time and arranging for return to work.
- Document activity and decisions regarding claim interactions in the RMIS system. Schedule diaries for proper management of claims.
- Identify and escalate complex, catastrophic, sensitive, or potentially fraudulent claims to appropriate Claims Analyst or Manager, Claims Management.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Most job functions are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Occasional travel to various company locations or TPA offices required.
A 4-year degree is preferred. Additionally, two years of experience in an insurance or claims management position esired. Workers Compensation experience is highly preferred.
654 Richland Hills Drive, San Antonio, TX 78245