RIMS, the Risk Management Society®️, is a global not-for-profit committed to advancing the practice of risk management throughout the world. We bring networking, professional development, certification, and education opportunities to our membership of 10,000 risk management professionals in over 60 countries. Founded in 1950, the Society represents more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable, and government entities throughout the world.
2023 Application Opens: October 1, 2022
2023 Application Deadline: December 3, 2022
Scholarship awardees will be notified before the end of the Fall 2022 semester if they are selected.
Our Upstate New York RIMS Chapter Scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000. This will be split in two payments, delivered at the end of the Fall ‘22 and Spring ’23 semesters, to an undergraduate student who meets the following criteria:
- Must seek a career in Risk Management/Insurance/Cybersecurity*
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college/university in the Upstate New York RIMS chapter footprint for the full 2022-23 academic year (at least 2 semesters, from September 2022-May 2023) **
- Must be majoring/minoring in Risk Management/Insurance or a related field of study (e.g., actuarial science, business, finance, information technology) ***
- Must commit to volunteering at a minimum of one (1) Upstate New York RIMS chapter event in 2022
*Relevant work/internship experience and leadership skills preferred.
**Our scholarship will be awarded in the 2022 fall and 2023 spring semesters.
***A Risk Management/Insurance major/minor is preferred, but applicants in related fields of study will be considered.
Consideration for award is based on the following:
- Student GPA
- Applicant’s involvement in RIMS events
- Evaluation of applicant’s essay
All applicants must be a current member of the Upstate New York RIMS Chapter.
For more details on the scholarship and to apply, please click below for the application: RIMS_Scholarship_Application_10_19_22.pdf
The completed application should be submitted to NFlihan@Gmail.com before the end of day on 12/3/22.
Please contact Nicholas Flihan, Director of Student Engagement if you have any questions.